Small Serbian community in Prizren on September 23, 2012 had a great joy, because in the Cathedral church of Saint George Bishop Teodosije of Raska-Prizren within the Holy Liturgy performed a wedding of a young Serbian couple, Dusan Djakovic and Sonja Krstic.
Majority of the residents of the Serbian capital does not know that the oldest educational institution in the Belgrade in the city is the Saint Sava Seminary, founded in 1808 by then minister of education Dositej Obradovic.
The next year the school was closed because of the collapse of the First Serbian Uprising, but it was opened again in 1836 thanks to the devotion and the effort of Metropolitan Petar Jovanovic.
As the Western American Diocese Annual is going to press, we are just about to begin our 2012 Camp St. Sava program in Jackson, CA. This year we mark the fifty-first year of the camp and the fiftieth season at St. Sava Mission. We have over 220 campers registered, which is a few more than last year. Camp enrollment has been growing, slowly and steadily, for the last five years. Again, thanks to the generosity of the Friends of Camp St. Sava, nearly ten percent of the campers attending are receiving a full scholarship. One of the goals of the Friends stewardship program is to enable families who do not have the financial means to send their children to the camp.
On Sunday, 15th July 2012, the parish of St Sava Mona Vale, commemorated the 100th Anniversary of the Liberation of Kosovo and Metohija (First Balkan War 1912-1913). At the St. Sava Pro-Cathedral the day began with the celebration of the Holy Liturgy by Very Rev. Stavrophor Fr. Saša Radoičić and deacons Nemanja Mrđenovic and Želimir Milović.
Besides firemen and locals, also monks of the Tvrdos monastery and employees of the "Tvrdos Monastery Cellars" participated in fire fighting in an area of the village of Duzi. This is not the first time that the brotherhood of the monastery of Tvrdos helps in fire fighting in Herzegovina.