Church of Ascension of the Lord restored in Trpinje
In Trpinje, a place near Vukovar, on Sunday October 22, 2011, His Grace Bishop Lukija of Osek-Polje and Baranja consecrated the mostly restored church of the Ascension of the Lord which shined again after the end of the works. The oldest record of the village of Trpinje dates from 1329, and Serbs settled here from 1527 till 1573, and the same was consecrated by Bishop Sofronije Jovanovic of Pakrac. The parish of Trpinje today has 420 homes with 1100 Orthodox residents.
Before the beginning of the Holy Liturgy the Bishop Lukijan consecrated the Holy Church. During the consecration of the church, His Grace Bishop Lukijan laid particles of the relics of St. Great Martyr Lazar of Kosovo on the Holy Table.
Source: Diocese of Osek-Polje