We invite representatives of media to attend the press conference on the occasion of the forthcoming Central celebration of the 1700th anniversary of the Edict of Milan at the Metropol Palace Hotel (69 Kralja Aleksandra Blvd.) tomorrow, on 4 October 2013 at 9 a.m.
His Grace Bishop Irinej of Backa and His Grace Bishop Porfirije of Jegar will speak at the conference.
With the Mercy of God in Nis the faithful in Nis will have an opportunity in the days of the celebration of the jubilee of the Edict of Milan to venerate and pray in front of the ancient and maybe the greatest known Christian shrines. On Thursday October 3rd at 5 p.m. the miraculous icon of the Theotokos of Sicevica will arrive in front of the church Sts. Constantine and Helen, and on Friday, October 4th at 8 p.m. a part of the Precious Cross and the hand of Saint John the Baptis will arrive in the Cathedral church, where they will be displayed on Saturday, October 5th. These shrines on October 6th will be in the church of Holy Emperor Constantine and Empress Helen and in the afternoon they will leave for Montenegro.
Program of the celebration from 1-7 September 2013 in Nis
1 October 2013
- 19:00 hours: Opening of the exhibition "jewelry of the Hilandar monastery" at the hall of the Saint Sava House, Cathedral church in Nis.
3 October 2013
- 17:00 hours: Welcoming the miraculous icon of the Mother of God of Sicevica at the plateau of Sts. Constantine and Helen in Nis, the vigil service with acatist to Most Holy Mother of God.
4 October 2013
- 19:30 hours: Welcoming the particle of the Precious Cross and holy right hand of Saint John the Baptist at the airport Constantine the Great at Nis, solemn welcome of shrines at the Cathedral church, where the Acathist to Precious Cross and Saint John the Baptist.
5 October 2013
- Precious Cross and holy right hand of Saint John the Baptist will be displayed for veneration during all day at the Cathedral church, while in the evening they will be transfered to the church of Sts. Emperor Constantine and Empress Helen.
- 20:00 hours: Welcome of the high guest in front of the Cathedral church of Holy Trinity in Nis.
- 21:00 hours: Message of citizens of Nis to the whole world I am also part of the Cross ( Nemanjic Boulevard and Sremska str.)
6 October 2013
- Precious Cross and holy hand of Saint John the Baptist will be displayed for veneration all day at the church of Sts. Emperor Constantine and Empress Helen.
- 8:30 house: Welcome in front of the church of Sts. Emperor Constantine and Empress Helen
- 9-12 house: Hierarchal Divine Liturgy
-17:00 hours: Solemn send-off of Precious Cross and holy right hand of Saint John the Baptist to Podgorica
7 October 2013
- 8:30 hours: Consecration of the church of Saint Simon the monk within the military base Prince Mihajlo in Nis.
Source: Diocese of Nis
Information for media on organized departure to the celebration of the jubilee of the Edict of Milan on 6 October 2013 in Nis.
The central event of this year's celebration of the jubilee of the Edict of Milan will take place on Sunday, 6 October at 9 a.m. in Nis, in front of the newly built church of Sts. Emperor Constantine and Empress Helen, where His Holiness Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew will celebrate the Hierarchal Divine Liturgy with the concelebration of present primates and representatives of Local Orthodox Churches. We invite all interested media companies to accredit their representatives who will contribute that from our Homeland would gone to the world the most beautiful image of our people, culture and spirituality.
In Nis today, on 21 September, the holy mass commemorating 17 centuries of the Edict of Milan, was served by Papal envoy Angelo Scola
At the celebration there were President of the Republic Tomislav Nikolic, Prince Alexandar Karadjordjevic, Princess Katherine, representatives of the Diocese of Nis of the SOC, representatives of the Serbian Armed Forces, members of the diplomatic corps, representatives of other Churches and religious communities, mayor of Nis Zoran Perisic and representatives of the political and cultural life of this part of Serbia.