Cooperation agreement signed between Ss Cyril and Methodius Institute and Moscow State Institute of International Relations24. October 2013 - 14:20
Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, head of the Department for External Church Relations, in his capacity as rector of the Ss Cyril and Methodius Institute of Post-Graduate and Doctoral Studies, and Dr. A. Torkunov, rector of the Moscow State Institute of International Relations (university) (MGIMO) under the Ministry for Foreign Affairs, signed a cooperation agreement between the two educational institutions, during the DECR chairman meeting with MGIMO faculty and students.
Envoys of the Russian and Ukrainian Orthodox churches have erected a monumental statue of Christ on top of the Cherubim Mountain in the Syrian city of Saidnaya. The statue symbolizes hope and peace.
A seminar on “Religious Communities for Justice and Peace” took place in the capital of Russia on 11 March 2013. Taking part in the seminar were representatives of the Russian Orthodox Church, World Council of Churches, Evangelical Church in Germany, the National Council of Churches in Korea, Protestant communities of Russia, as well as scholars, cultural figures, and foreign guests.
On Saturday, 11 October 2013 the Pan-Orthodox Holy Hiearchal Liturgy in Trier, Germany, on the occasion of the 1700 years of issuing of the Edict of Tolerance in 313 by Constantine the Great, who had his seat in this town during one whole decade.
In this Pan-Orthodox gathering Orthodox Bishops, members of the Conference of the Orthodox Bishops of Germany and other Bishops from other countries, participated. Metropolitan of Germany and Exarch for Central Europe His Eminence Augustin, who is also the president of the Episcopal Conference, officiated the Divine Liturgy in the Basilica of Saint Constantine. Great number of priests of various nationalities, as well as many believers who came from all parts of Germany, attended this magnificent and unique event.
A monument to Admiral Fyodor Ushakov, a legendary Russian Navy commander, was unveiled on the Greek island of Zakynthos on Sunday.
Crewmembers of a ship of the Black Sea Fleet that arrived at the island’s port a few days ago were among the guards of honor at the ceremony.
By erecting Admiral Ushakov’s statue the islanders gave their due to the famous Russian who commanded the Russian fleet that liberated the island from French invaders in 1798, who laid foundations for an independent Greek state and who treated the people ofZakynthos with love and respect, Zakynthos’ Mayor Gelios Bozikis said.
The exhibition of exclusive historical materials, "Overcoming: the Russian Church and the Soviet authorities" began its work on October 8 in the gallery of the Dormition Cathedral.
The exhibition with this name twice amazed the visitors both in Moscow and Italy and now it has come to Yaroslavl. From October 8 to 22, residents of Yaroslavl will be able to familiarize themselves with the exploits of Orthodoxy during the difficult Soviet period.