His Holiness Irinej, Serbian Patriarch visited last night the Belgrade synagogue Sukat Shalom and on that occasion he lit one of eight candles in a traditional ceremony regarding Hanukkah - the Jewish holiday of freedom and lights. Besides His Holiness, candles were also lit by President of Republic of Serbia Mr. Boris Tadic, His Grace Bishop Irinej of Backa, Mufti of Serbia Haji Efendi Jusufspahic, His Excellency Apostolic Nuncio Mr. Orlando Antonini, Minister of Faith Dr. Bogoljub Sijakovic, President of Jewish youth of Serbia Mr. Danijel Bogunovic and Honorary President of the Association of the Jewish Communities of Serbia Mr. Aca Singer.
His Holiness Irinej, Serbian Patriarch met yesterday in the Serbian Patriarchate His Eminence Cardinal Angelo Scola, Archbishop of Venice; Apostolic Nuncio Mr. Orlando Antonini and Archbishop of Belgrade Mr. Stanislav Hocevar. The reception was attended by Bishop Atanasije of Hvosno.
- Enthronement Homily of His Holiness Serbian Patriarch, Kyr Irinej - The Patriarchate of Pech, 3 October 2010
- His Holiness Irinej, Serbian Patriarch, ushered into the Throne of the Patriarchs of Pech
- Photogallery: The Patriarchate of Pech, October 3, 2010
- Photogallery 2 : The Patriarchate of Pech, October 2-3 , 2010
- Patriarchate of Pec on the day before the Enthronement
- Communique of the Holy Synod of Bishops regarding the formal act of the enthronement of Serbian Patriarch Irinej
- Reception at the Patriarchate court in Belgrade following the Enthronement of Patriarch Irinej - October 4, 2010
- Patriarch Irinej meets with Archbishop Kurt Koch
- The formal academy in the National Theatre in Belgrade
With a byzantine festiveness and devoutness, and in accordance with an ancient typicon of the Holy Mount Athos, on May 16, 2010 a new heugomen of Sacred Royal, patriarchal and monastic lavra of Chilandar on the Holy Mount Athos - Archimandrite Metodije.
Before the Holy Liturgy, a predetermined delegation of Sacred community of the Holy Mount Athos , led by a representative of the Great Lavra monastery, and representatives of monasteries Vatopedi, Zografou, Esphigmenou and Konstamonitou, enthroned a new Chilandar heugomen.
A regular session of the Holy Assembly of Bishops has began with the Holy Hierarchal Liturgy in the Belgrade Cathedral church led by His Holiness Patriarch Irinej of Serbia with the concelebration of all Bishops of our Holy Church.