July 18th, 2015, Gethsemane, Mary Magdalene convent of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia. The feast day of Saint Elizabeth Fyodorovna, born Princess Elisabeth Hesse of the Rhine, later married to Grand Duke Sergei Alexandrovich of Imperial Russia. Her sister was Tsaritsa Alexandra, wife of Tsar Nicholas II. Following the assassination of her husband in 1905, Elizabeth became a Russian Orthodox nun, founding the convent of Mary and Martha in Moscow. She was martyred in 1918 with Saint Barbara, also commemorated on July 18th, through a violent murder by Bolsheviks.
On Sunday, the 29th of June/12th of July 2015, the feast of the glorious Heads of the Apostles, Sts Peter and Paul, was celebrated at the Church dedicated to them in Capernaum, on the north-western shores of the Tiberian Sea.
On Ss Peter and Paul Day, Metropolitan Hilarion celebrates Divine Liturgy at Moscow representation of the Church of Serbia14. July 2015 - 12:37
On July 12, 2015, the Day of Ss Peter and Paul, Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, head of the Moscow Patriarchate department for external church relations (DECR), celebrated the Divine Liturgy in the Ss Peter and Paul Church-on-the Yauza at the Moscow representation of the Church of Serbia. He was assisted by Bishop Anthony of Moravici, representative of the Patriarch of Serbia to the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia, Archimandrite Seraphim (Shemyatovsky), representative of the Orthodox Church of the Czech Lands and Slovaki to the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia, Archpriest Nikolay Balashov, a DECR vice-chairman, and other clergy.
A week before the 97th anniversary of the murders of Emperor Nicholas II and his family, the memorial cross which marks the spot where the remains of Tsesarevich Alexei and Grand Duchess Maria were discovered has been vandalized yet again.
Russian media reported on July 9th, that the vandals had ripped the memorial cross from the ground and thrown it into the woods.
The Choir of the University of Athens Department of Music Studies performs at the Church of the Resurrection9. July 2015 - 13:57
21st of June/5th of July, a Divine Liturgy was performed at the katholikon of the Church of the Resurrection.
The service was led by the Elder Secretary-General, Archbishop Aristarchos of Constantina, as the choir sang under the direction of Mr Demetrios Balageorgos. The Choir visited Jerusalem in the context of the deliberations of the Interdisciplinary Conference held between 20-21 June 2015/3-4 July 2015 on the “Musical Manuscripts in the Collection of the Patriarchal Library of Jerusalem”. The choir’s performance deeply moved the congregation of locals and pilgrims visiting from Greece, Palestine, Russia and Romania.