The Sofia News Agency novinite.com reports that His Holiness Neofit, Patriarch of Bulgaria has sent a letter to Speaker of Parliament Tsetska Tsacheva demanding that the Holy Synod be afforded the opportunity to give its opinion on bills concerning healthcare, educaiton, morality, and cultural heritage.
The Tsar Nicholas II Bell - which depicts the images of the Holy Royal Martrs - weighing 16.5 tons was installed earlier this week in the bell tower of the Transfiguration Cathedral in St. Nicholas Monastery in Verkhoturye (Sverdlovsk region), a major spiritual center in the Urals. The bell is the third largest in the Archdiocese of Yekaterinburg and one of the twenty largest bells in Russia.
The new History of Russia Museum is currently under construction at the All-Russia Exhibition Centre (VDNKh) in Moscow. Once complete, it will house the permanent exhibition Orthodox Russia. My History: Rurik and Romanov.
The multimedia exhibition explores the history of the Romanov dynasty (1613-1917), and the Rurikovichi (the descendants of Rurik) and the 700-year-long history of the Ancient Rus. The exhibition was established under the auspices of the Patriarchal Council for Culture and organized by the Presidential Administration of the Russian Federation, and the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation.
At the invitation of Hegumen Daniel (Irbits), abbot of the Monastery of St. George in Götschendorf, Mr. Gerhard Schröder, former Chancellor of Germany, visited the Cathedral of the Holy Resurrection in Berlin, Press Service of the Russian Orthodox Church’s diocese of Berlin and Germany reports.
On July 28, 2015, the Russian Orthodox Church commemorated the Holy Prince Vladimir Equal-to-the-Apostles. This year the Church also marks the millennium of the demise of the Baptist of Rus’.
On the eve of the feast, Matins with the Polyeleos was celebrated at the church of the Holy Protomartyr Catherine in Rome and on the feast day itself the rector of the church Archimandrite Anthony (Sevryuk), secretary of the Moscow Patriarchate parishes in Rome, and Hieromonk Athanasy (Potapov) celebrated the Divine Liturgy at the lower church dedicated to Ss Constantine and Helen Equal-to-the-Apostles.