Patriarch IRINEJ in area of Zapadna Morava
On Saturday and Sunday, July 17 and 18, 2010 in the area of Zapadna Morava, His Holiness IRINEJ, Serbian Patriarch served the Divine Liturgy, consecrated a church, parish home and visited several monasteries and churches and he spent a really nice time with his people.
On Sunday in a village of Krvavica all locals of the village welcomed Patriarch with fllowers in front of the church dedicated to St. Great Martyr Marina. After the Divine Liturgy a parish home was consecrated. On both day Patriarch served with the concelebration of many priests and deacons with chanting of the choir St. Prince Lazar.
On his way to Nis, Patriarch visited the church dedicated to St. Nicholas of Myra in Komorani, in which courtyard there is the oldest church in Serbia, built in 1824 and where is a nice stone fence is being built. Then Patriarch visited a church dedicated to St. Procopius with a particularly decorated church courtyard in the village of Jasika and examined works on restoration of the parish home. Following it His Holiness visited a beautiful monastery of the Holy Protection of the Theotokos in Djunis, where Patriarch blessed the works on re-tiling a path around the monastery.
And in the end, His Holiness visited a monastery of St. Roman, where a beautiful big fountain is being built on a spring of the Holy water. Patriarch was in last two days in a monastery of Naupare dedicated to St. archdeacon Stephen, an endowment of St. Despot Stephen.
His Holiness in those two days held several sermons. With thanksgivings to God and expressed gratitude to the people, especially two sermons had a significance - one about the importance of childbirth and the other one about our Kosovo.