Serbian Orthodox Church
The enthronement of the new Bishop of Žiča Justin in the Cathedral church of Kraljevo will be performed on 3 August 2014. His Holiness Irinej, Serbian Patriarch, will perform the enthronement rite himself, while many Bishops of our Holy Church will concelebrate during the Hierarchal Divine Liturgy.
The Biography of newly-elected Bishop Justin (Stefanović) of Žiča
His Grace newly-elected Bishop Justin (Stefanović) of Žiča was born on 26 May 1955 in Čačak and was baptized as Miroslav. He finished primary and secondary schools, as well as the Faculty of Economy in Belgrade. His monastic life began in the monastery of Crna Reka in 1980 where he was tonsured in 1983 by Bishop Pavle of Raska-Prizren, later Serbian Patriarch.
In the Holy Archangels Monastery near Prizren the church slava was marked and the restored Dushan's monastic quarters , which was burnt down during the 2004 March Pogrom in Kosovo and Metohia, was consecrated.
His Grace Bishop Teodosije of Raska-Prizren served the Holy Liturgy in a new chapel of Saint Nikolaj of Zica with the concelebration of Archimandrite Sava, abbot of the Tvrdos Monastery, and the clergy and monks of the Diocese of Raska-Prizren. More than hundred faithul from all parts of Kosovo and Metohija, central Serbia, as well representatives of the Serbs from Kosovo and Metohia, Mayor of Gracanica Mr. Branimir Stojanovic and Minister of Labour and Social Politics Mr. Aleksandar Vulin attended the Liturgy.
His Holiness Irinej, Serbian Patriarch officiated the Holy Hierarchal Liturgy with the concelebration of His Eminence Metropolitan Amfilohije of Montenegro and the Littoral and Their Graces Bishops Joanikije of Budimlje-Niksic, Grigorije of Zahumlje-Herzegovina and the Littoral, Teodosije of Raska-Prizren and newly-elected Jovan of Slavonia, as well as lots of priests in the church dedicated to this saints in Velika, near Plav on Monday, 28 July 2014, on the feast day of Sts. Quiricus and Julitta.
The prayerful gathering, at which lots of faithful people gathered from Plav and other parts of Montenegro, was held on the occasion of the 70 years since the cruelest slaughter of innocent children, women and elderly people from the village of Velika near Plav and its surroundings, committed by fascist-Ballist criminals from the “Prinz Eugen” and “Skenderbeg” divisions during the Second World War, precisely on the on the day of Sts. Quiricus and Julitta, 28th of July 1944.
Monastery Marcha celebrated their patronal feast day, the Synaxis of the Archangel Gabriel, on Saturday, July 26th. The morning began with Holy Hierarchical Divine Liturgy celebrated by His Grace Bishop Dr Mitrophan, and His Grace Bishop Sava, along with 23 concelebrating priests and 2 deacons.
During the Divine Liturgy Sinisa Hrvacevic was ordained to the Holy Diaconate. Sinisa is a graduate of St Sava School of Theology in Libertyville, Illinois, and currently lives in Florida with his wife Jovana.
As the school year comes to an end and the summer days approach, every child that has ever experienced St. Sava Camp, Shadeland, begins to fill with anticipation of reconnecting with old friends, making new ones, and guessing who their counselor will be. During that same time, DeeDee Baskot and Millie Radovick are busy making plans for the camp, taking applications, restocking supplies, finding volunteers, and working with the diocese to make the camp year the most fulfilling for every child, counselor, volunteer, priest, and visitor that takes part.
His Grace Bishop Joanikije of Budimlje-Niksic with many priests, monks and the faithful of Berane and the valley of Lim welcomed His Holiness Serbian Patriarch Irinej in Djurdjevi Stupovi, Cathedral monastery of the Diocese of Budimlje-Niksic, on July 27th, 2014.
In his welcome speech His Grace thanked His Holiness for accepting the invitation to participate in solemnizing the seventieth anniversary of the cruel slaughter of innocent children, women and elderly people from the village of Velika near Plav and its surroundings, committed by fascist-Ballist criminals from the “Prinz Eugen” and “Skenderbeg” divisions during the Second World War, precisely on the 28th of July 1944.