Serbian Orthodox Church
With the blessing of His Holiness Irinej, Serbian Patriarch, His Grace Bishop Atanasije of Hvosno, Vicar of Patriarch blessed a new building for the Agency for the air traffic control of Serbia and Montenegro at Nikola Tesla airport near the suburb of Surcin.
With the decision of Bishop David of Krusevac Dno. 715 from November 21, 2011 the Diocese of Krusevac got its symbols: coat of arms, flag and hymn.
Today at the Serbian Patriarchate in Belgrade, His Holiness Irinej, Serbian Patriarch awareded academician Milorad Ekmecic and architect Mirko Kovacevic. The celebration was attended by members of the Holy Synod of Bishops - Their Graces Bishops: Vasilije of Srem, Irinej of Backa, Jovan of Sumadija, as well as Their Graces Bishops Pahomije of Vranje, Grigorije of Zahumlje-Herzegovina, Teodosije of Raska-Prizren, David of Krusevac and vicar Atanasije of Hvosno and vicar Jovan of Lipljan.
On the Feast of the Entry of the Theotokos, St. George Serbian Orthodox Church in Elizabeth, NJ was blessed to be visited by St. Righteous Anna with her Most Pure Daughter and Ever-Virgin Mary and St. Nikolai ofZhicha, the Serbian Chrysostom.
On the feast day of St. Spiridon of Tremithus, on December 25, 2011 His Grace Bishop Fotije of Dalmatia served the Holy Liturgy in Skradin. At the Holy Liturgy he was concelebrated by heugomen of the monastery of Krupa Gavrilo (Stevanovic) and heugomen of the Dragovic monastery Varsonufije (Raskovic), presbyter Boris Medak of Vrlica and diocesan protodeacon Dejan Trifunovic.
Bishop Vasilije of Zvornik served on December 27, 2011 in the churchu of Sts. Apostles Peter and Paul in Doboj which is at the same time the memorial church to the victims of the Doboj concentration camp, the commemoration to the suffered Serbian martyrs in the notorious Doboj camp. On this day in 1915 the Doboj camp was formed in which 45792 victims were imprisoned and brutally tortured. 12000 old men, women and children died just because they bore Serbian names.