Serbian Orthodox Church
The Holy Hierarchical Divine Liturgy with Vespers was served on Holy Saturday at St. Sava Serbian Orthodox Church in San Gabriel. Paschal Matins and the Holy Hierarchical Divine Liturgy was served at St. Stevan's Cathedral.
On Sunday, May 8 2011, it will be solemnly marked 70 years of the first Divine Liturgy in Osnabrück which was served on St. George's Day, May 6 1941, by protopresbyter Milan Jovanovic in officers' prison camp in Osnabrück.
His Grace Bishop Konstantin of Middle Europe will serve on this occasion on St. Mark's Day, May 8, at 9am the Holy Hierarchal Liturgy in the church of St. George the Great Martyr and the Victor in Osnabrück (Wersener Straße 85, 49090 Osnabrück-Eversburg). The second channel of the German television (ZDF) will broadcast directly this solemn service of God from 9.30 till 10.15am.
Source: Diocese of Middle Europe
On the Eve of the Holocaust Remembrance Day, on Sunday May 1st, delegation of the Committee for Jasenovac which consisted of protosyngellos Mr Jovan Culibrk, coordinator of the Committee and monk Mr Pavle Kondic by special invitation participated the central ceremony in the Memorial institution Yad Vashem in Jerusalem. During the ceremony President of Israel Shimon Peres and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu gave speeches, while the central part of the ceremony was lighting the six memorial torches in memory of six million killed Jews during the World War Two. On behalf of the Patriarchate of Jerusalem at the ceremony Arcbishop Aristarch of Constantina, the Secretary General of the Holy Synod, participated, as well as the representatives of other Christian communities in the Holy Land.
At the late antique site of Felix Romuliana near Zajecar (IV century), which is on the UNESCO list of the World Cultural Heritage, the three-day scientific meeting entitled "Christian heritage of Romuliana - Towards the 1700th anniversary of the Edict of Milan" has ended.
In first schematism of the Diocese of Osek,Polje and Baranja by the author Dusan Kolundjic, it is written that the church of St. Petka was built between 1807 and 1811 on the spring of thermal water.
Since that time a spiritual life began in this holy church which is located in Vukovar's picnic site Adica.
His Grace Bishop Jovan of Doclea and heugomen of Ostrog monastery served on St. Thomas Sunday with the priesthood the Holy Hierarchal Liturgy on remains of ancient Doclea near Podgorica.
Despite the cloudy weather and occasional rain many believers from Podgorica and Danilovgrad came to the Liturgy.
After the Liturgy and the sermon a Christian table of love was prepared along with songs and sounds of fiddles.
Source: Metropolitanate of Montenegro and the Littoral