Serbian Orthodox Church
In first schematism of the Diocese of Osek,Polje and Baranja by the author Dusan Kolundjic, it is written that the church of St. Petka was built between 1807 and 1811 on the spring of thermal water.
Since that time a spiritual life began in this holy church which is located in Vukovar's picnic site Adica.
His Grace Bishop Jovan of Doclea and heugomen of Ostrog monastery served on St. Thomas Sunday with the priesthood the Holy Hierarchal Liturgy on remains of ancient Doclea near Podgorica.
Despite the cloudy weather and occasional rain many believers from Podgorica and Danilovgrad came to the Liturgy.
After the Liturgy and the sermon a Christian table of love was prepared along with songs and sounds of fiddles.
Source: Metropolitanate of Montenegro and the Littoral
Academy of the Serbian Orthodox Church for Fine arts and conservation from Belgrade started an edition: Treasury of the Holy Fathers, in which the first book is the work of Lactantius On the Deaths of the Persecutors (Latin: De mortibus persecutorum). The translation was done by Dr Milena Milin. The proofreading was done by Mr Dusica Petrovic. The editor of this publication and newly-created edition is protopresbyter-stavrophor Dr Radomir Popovic.
Exhibition opened in Zajecar - Late Antique/ Early Christian art in an interpretation of students of the SOC Academy2. May 2011 - 16:20
With the blessing of His Grace Bishop Justin of Timok, on Friday April 29, 2011 in the National museum in Zajecar the exhibiton titled "1700 YEARS AFTER - Late Antique/ Early Christian art in the interpretation of the students of the Academy of the SOC." The exhibition, with which began the marking of the 1700th anniversary of the edict of toleration of Religion consists of 40 pieces (Early Christian frescoes, mosaics, encaustic and facilities).
His Holiness Irinej, Serbian Patriarch received today at the Serbian Patriarchate in Belgrade, Mr. Karolos Papoulias, the president of the Republic of Greece.
His Grace Bishop Longin of New Gracanica and Midwestern America celebrated the first day of Pascha by serving Hierarchical Divine Liturgy at Holy Resurrection Cathedral in Chicago, Illinois, where the parish's Slava was celebrated. Serving with Bishop Longin were Archpriest-Stavrophor Dennis Pavichevich, Priests Darko Spasojevic, Radovan Jakovljevic and Vasilije Vranic, and Deacons Damjan Bozic and Nikolaj Kostur.