Serbian Orthodox Church
On May 31 of this year, the Bishop's Palace in Novi Sad was visited by a delegation of the parliament of the Free State of Bayern. On behalf of His Grace Bishop Irinej of Backa the delegation was received by protopresbyter Milovan Miodragovic, deacon Dragan Radic and nun Vasilija.
The liturgical day began with Vespers on the eve of St. Thomas Sunday continuing with Matins and the Hierarchical Liturgy the following morning. His Grace Bishop Maxim presided at the Liturgy co-served by the local clergy: Fr. Bratso Krsic, the parish priest, Fr. Velimir Petakovic, the priest emeritus, Fr. Milan Vukovic, the priest from the sister parish of St. Petka in San Marcos, followed by the cross-procession or litya around the church with the Gospel readings and the prayer for the faithful, the church, the city and every city and country.
Patriarch Irinej opened closing exhibition of the works of students of the Academy of the Serbian Orthodox Church1. June 2011 - 10:20
His Holiness Irinej Serbian Patriarch opened last night a traditional annual exhibition of the works of the student of the High School - Academy of the Serbian Orthodox Church for arts and conservation, in the presence of His Grace Bishop Atanasije of Hvosno, in the atelier of the Academy. The opening was attended by Mr. Dragan Cvorovic, state secretary at the Ministry of Faith and Diaspora, representatives of the Ministry of Culture and Education, professors from other arts academies in Belgrade, students and others.
Serbian Patriarch Irinej in Diocese of Milesevo - the Church of St. George in Pljevlja, May 29, 201130. May 2011 - 13:02
The Church of Holy Trinity in Nova Varos was built from 1857 until 1869. This church is a two-nave structure which has a rectangle base and semicircle altar apse.