Serbian Patriarch Irinej consecrates the church of Saint Lazar of Kosovo on Ljubic Hill above Cacak
Their Graces Bishops Jovan of Zica, the guardian of the throne of the Diocese of Zica, and Teodosije of Raska-Prizren concelebrated to His Holiness Serbian Patriarch Irinej during the Divine Liturgy in the church of Saint Lazar of Kosovo and All Serbian Martyrs on Ljubic Hill above Cacak
Before the Divine Liturgy there was a consecration of the newly built church. Lots of faithful people from Cacak, Belgrade, Novi Sad, Batajnica, Banjaluka and Srem attended the Holy Liturgy. The relics of Saint Lazar of Kosovo were laid into the Table of the Lord of the church, which enhanced the spiritual joy, since the church would hold the relics of its patron saint. At the Holy Liturgy besides Bishops Jovan and Teodosije, more than 30 priests and monks, as well as eight deacons concelebrated to the Patriarch.
The consecration and the Holy Hiearchal Liturgy was also attended by president of the Assembly of Serbia Mr. Nebojsa Stefanovic, as well as representatives of the Government of Serbia and local authorities.
The church of Saint Lazar on Ljubic Hill has been built since 2007. It was designed by architect Dr. Pedja Ristic in Moravian style. Iconographer Goran Jovic has been painted two-thirds of the church.
The most beautiful pages of Serbian history were written on Ljubic Hill. In the battle for the defence of this area on 6 June 1815 the famous Tanasko Rajic, captain in the army of Milos Obrenovic, died along with his co-fighters. After the Holy Liturgy His Holiness and bishops served the memorial service for Tanasko Rajic, rebels and all Serbian martyrs who have died from Kosovo until today.
Source: Diocese of Sumadia