On the feast day of Great Martyr Trifun, on 14 February 2015, His Eminence Metropolitan Porfirije of Zagreb-Ljubljana officiated the Holy Hierarchal Liturgy with the concelebration of Their Graces Bishops Fotije of Dalmatia, Sergije of Middle Europe and Gerasim of Gornji Karlovac at the Cathedral church in Karlovac.
The clergy of the Metropolitanate of Zagreb-Ljubljana also concelebrated. Father Milos Vesin and Metropolitan Porfirije held sermons on this Saint.
The Kronos Quartet will perform a piece by Serbian composer Aleksandra Vrebalov “Beyond Zero: 1914-1918″ at Carnegie Hall, on March 7, 2015.
During the past couple of months, “Beyond Zero: 1914-1918″ was shown at the Bill Morrison film retrospective at MOMA in New York City and in Serbia, with The Kovilj Monastery Choir joining Kronos Quartet on stage. The monastic choir joined Kronos Quartet in performance of a Byzantine Chant that ends “Beyond Zero: 1914-1918″, a piece that composer Vrebalov and filmmaker Morrison made in commemoration of the centennial of World World One.
if you would like to help bring five members of the Kovilj Monastery Choir to perform with Kronos Quartet at Carnegie Hall on March 7, 2015, please click here or on the image above for information on how to contribute.
His Grace Bishop Antonije of Moravica, Vicar of Serbian Patriarch and the dean of the Representation of the Serbian Patriarchate in Moscow, on behalf of His Holiness Serbian Patriarch Irinej, visited yesterday His Beatitude Archbishop Jovan of Ohrid and Metropolitan of Skopje, who is staying at the Novodevichy Monastery in St. Petersburg for medical treatment.
On Saturday, January 31st, St George Serbian Orthodox Church in North Canton hosted the first-annual Three Hierarchs Seminar. This event, offered by the Orthodox Clergy Brotherhood of Stark County, brought in a speaker for the edification of faithful Christians in Stark and Summit Counties. This year’s topic was “Dealing with Grief, Loss and Suicide”, with guest speaker Holly Torbic, the program director of the Tides Foundation located in State College, PA.