Serbian Patriarch Irinej is going to visit Tirana from 31 May to 3 June. The occasion of the visit is consecration of the Cathedral church of the Resurrection of Christ in the capital of Albania.
Patriarch Irinej will be accompanied by His Eminence Metropolitan Amfilohije of Montenegro and the Littoral, His Grace Bishop Teodosije of Raska-Prizren, Very Venerable Archimandrite Kirilo, Venerable hieromonk Andrej, as well as by deacon Vladimir Rumenic. The majority of heads of the Local Orthodox Churches is expected to attend the ceremony of consecration.
His Holiness Irinej, Serbian Patriarch, officiated the Holy Hierarchal Liturgy with the con-celebration of Bishop Irinej (Dobrijevic) of Australia and New Zealand and the clergy of the Archbishopric of Belgrade-Karlovci and other dioceses.
The church of Ascension of Our Lord Jesus Christ in Belgrade was too small for lots of faithful people who gathered on this occasion. Bishop Irinej congratulated both the Patron Saint-day (slava) of this church and of the City of Belgrade. The Serbian Patriarch blessed the slava cake.
His Grace Bishop Irinej of Backa, Administrator of the Diocese of Austria-Switzerland, received on 27 May keys of the Neulerchenfeld church in 16th Vienna’s district, from Archbishop of Vienna, Cardinal Christoph Schönborn
With this solemn act the forementioned church became also the formal property of the Serbian Orthodox Church. Lots of guests from both sides, not only from ecclesial, but also from social life, attended this ceremony. Along with His Grace Bishop Irinej there were also: Bishop Ignatije of Pozarevac and Branicevo, David of Krusevac and newly elected Bishop Andrej of the Diocese of Austria-Switzerland. The ceremony was held also in attendance of His Eminence Metropolitan Arsenios of Austria (Ecumenical Patriarchate), President of the Orthodox Bishops’ Conference in Austria. His Excellency Cardinal was accompanied by his vicar Dariusz Schutzky.
Name of the bank client: The Serbian Orthodox Church - The Serbian Patriarchate - The "Patriarch Pavle" Fund - for the rehabilitation of the effects of natural disasters.
Komercijalna bank, account no. : 205-480-06
You can pay humanitarian aid on this account. The Fund thanks all donors in advance. The instructions for payments of the aid abroad, in foreign currencies and banks.
- instructions for payments in British pounds (GBP): see
- instructions for payments in US dollars (USD): see
- instructions for payments in euros (EUR): see
- instructions for payments in Swiss franks (CHF): see
- instructions for payments in Canadian dollars (CAD): see
- instructions for payments in Australian dollars (AUD): see
- Appeal of the Holy Assembly of Bishops of the Serbian Orthodox Church
- Appeal of the Holy Assembly of Bishops of the Serbian Orthodox Church /video/
- Humanitarian bank account for aid for the suffered in the catastrophic floods in the Diocese of Zvornik-Tuzla
- The Diocese of Zvornik-Tuzla: Communique
- Appeal of His Holiness Serbian Patriarch Irinej
- Minister of Justice visits Patriarch Irinej
- Vancouver: Oh Serbia, My Dear Mother!
- Letter of Support to our people from the Embassy of Iran
- The Orthodox in Spain help the flooded areas
- Sipovo: Aid for Samac, Bijeljina and Doboj
- Humanitarian aid from the Cathedral church in Los Angeles
- RCC distributes 133 tons of food and chemicals
- Aid for Ub from the Archbishopric of Belgrade-Karlovac
- Religious Charity Custody: Aid for Paracin
- Serbian Patriarch Irinej in Krupanj
- Serbian Patriarch Irinej in Obrenovac
- Patron Saint-day at the collection center SS "Sumice"
- Patriarch Irinej meets with volunteers of the RCC
- Help of the Metropolitanate of Montenegro and the Littoral for the municipality of Trstenik
- Charity concert of choirs of the church-school congregation of Novi Sad
- Bishops visit Lazarevac
- Collecting aid in Ljubljana
- Charity concert at the Cathedral church in Novi Sad
- Diocese of Srem: No victims, two churches flooded
- Aid collected at Metropolitanate of Dabrobosna
- Help of Kuc for brothers threatened by floods
- Help of Metropolitanate of Australia and New Zealand
- Report from Paracin
- Aid delivered to Donja Tresnica
- Diocese of Bihac-Petrovac: Aid for the threatened in the floods
- Aid arrived from Metropolitanate of Montenegro and the Littoral to the Diocese of Sabac
- Ecumenical Patriarchate sends a letter of support to the Serbian people
- Patriarch Kirill addresses the Serbian people with words of condolence and support
- Representatives of the Synodal Department of the Moscow Patriarchate meets with the Serbian Patriarch
- Austria: Church dignitaries urges solidarity
- Joy of giving to great hearts of pupils
- Church-school congregation of Bar delivered a trailer of help to Sabac
- The Sava River flooded Rajevo Selo and Gunja
- Contribution of the Church in Lajkovac to the Diocesan humanitarian action
- Presbyter Vladimir Markovic: Situation in Paracin
- Valjevo: Shipment from Diocese of Nis arrived too!
- Humanitarian aid arrived to Varvarin
- Charity Fund Bishop Platon Atanackovic, Novi Sad
- Report on aid of the Diocese of Backa to Trstenik
- Lajkovac: Help arrived from Russian brothers
- Bishop Pahomije of Vranje handed over the aid to the municipality of Trstenik
- Help from Diocese of Canada
- Special Forces - benefactors
- The Orthodox Church of America sends letter of support
- Diocese of New Gracanica- Midwestern America helps flooded areas
- Bishop Milutin visits Obrenovac and the Tamnava region
- Clergy visits evacuated people in Kombank Arena
- Church flooded in Kupinovo
- Eastern-American Diocese also helps
- Diocese of Osek-Polje helps flooded areas
- PHOTO: F. Gojko Perovic, rector of the Seminary of Cetinje, deliver aid to the suffered citizens of Lajkovac
- Bishops visit affected areas of Diocese of Zvornik-Tuzla
- Priests and religious teachers from Sabac with the faithful in Krupanj
- „We have no money – we will give blood“
- Bishop handed over the humanitarian help to locals of Rebelj
- Help of Diocese of Zahumlje-Herzegovina to Doboj and other places in Republic of Srpska
- Aid arrives from Podgorica, Kotor, Bar...
- 10 thousand dollars from Serbs from Milwaukee - so far...
- Bishop Irinej: The Serbian Church helps the suffered people
- Kragujevac: Humanitarian action in churches
- Metropolitanate of Montenegro and the Littoral supports humanitarian action of the Diocese of Valjevo
- Appeal of the Metropolitanate of Zagreb-Ljubljana
- Diocese of Krusevac: Thousand displaced near Varvarina
- Appeal of the president of the municipality of Lajkovac for help
- Diocese of Valjevo: Food and toiletries needed
- Exclusive: f. Stojadin Pavlovic, director of PAO - Comprehensive action of the Church in aid for the suffered
- Sana River flooding in the Diocese of Bihac-Petrovac
- Berane defends Sabac
- Metropolitan Amfilohije visits flood-stricken Obrenovac
- Humanitarian help for Diocese of Sabac by Karadjordjevic Foundation
- Valjevo: Convoy arrived from Diocese of Backa
- Zagreb: Bishop Fotije urges solidarity
- Situation in Diocese of Bihac-Petrovac
- Episcopal dean of Sabac on situation in Sabac
- Situation in Diocese of Valjevo
- Monastery of Praskavica: Trailer of help for Republic of Srpska
- Cathedral church in Podgorica: 15 thousand sacks for sand
- Church-school congregation of Niksic: Appeal for help