The village Prkosi not so far from Bosanski Petrovac had on July 29, 2012 an unusual joy and memorable event. After a long-term reconstruction of the church, His Grace Bishop Hrizostom of Bihac-Petrovac consecrated the church of the Dormition of the Theotokos which was burnt by the Army of BiH in 1995.
Marcha - On Sunday, July 29, 2012 Metropolitan Jovan of Zagreb-Ljubljana served the Holy Hierarchal Liturgy on the place where the Serbian Orthodox Monastery of Marca devoted to Saint Gabriel the Archangel. Metropolitan was concelebrated by presbyter Ljubisa Miodragovic, Aleksandar Tarabic, Dalibor Petkovic, Nikola Radomirovic and Darko Patakovic. In his sermon Metropolitan Jovan reminded of suffering and the rise of the monastery Marca through history.
Father +Ambrose Jackson (10.12.1935- 4.8.2012), reposed in the Lord on Saturday evening in Adelaide.
Father +Ambrose was an Anglican priest who converted to Orthodoxy, with his family, in 2008. He was ordained a presbyter by His Grace Irinej, Bishop of the Metropolitanate of Australia and New Zealand, on Sunday, 15 August 2010. Father +Ambrose was attached to Saint Sava Serbian Orthodox Church in Hindmarsh, Adelaide and he was elevated to a dignity of a protopresbyter on Lazarus Saturday this year in the Saint Sava Monastery in Elaine (Vic).
His Grace Bishop Dositej of Britain-Scandinavia came to the slava of the Orthodox monastery of Holy Trinity in Bredared, Sweden. The monastery is located near Borås and it was founded in 2001.
The founder of the monastery is Orthodox Sweden, Archimandrite Dorotej (Forsner), who is the head of the monastery.
Consecration of the cross in Serbian Orthodox monastery of the Protection of the Most Holy Theotokos in Smedjeryds kloster18. June 2012 - 14:20
On Sunday, June 10, 2012 the Orthodox people gathered in the monastery of the Protection of the Most Holy Theotokos in Smedjeryds kloster, Sweden. After the Holy Liturgy in the monastery chapel His Grace Bishop Dositej of Britain-Scandinavia consecrated a new cross which would be placed on the tower of Saint John of Shanghai.