On Sunday, August 8th, in Shadeland PA, on the property of Saint Sava children's camp, a new church was consecrated. Upon invitation on Bishop Mitrofan of the Eastern American Diocese of the SOC, Bishop Longin of the New Gracanica - Midwestern American Diocese participated in the consecration along with a few of the clerics of our diocese.
Pilgrims from North America and Russia celebrate 40th Anniversary of Saint Herman’s glorification on Spruce Island20. August 2010 - 13:25
Every year pilgrims from around the world together with the natives of Alaska come to commemorate America's first saint, Fr. Herman - the Wonderworker of Alaska. They visit Spruce Island, the place he sanctified by his holy Christian life, and go to venerate his relics on the Island of Kodiak. This year His Grace Maxim, Bishop of the Serbian Orthodox Diocese of Western America and Fr. Blasko Paraklis came on their third pilgrimage.
The completed frescos and interior iconography of Holy Resurrection Serbian Orthodox Cathedral in Chicago, Illinois, are the subject of a commemorative book, "We Have Seen His Glory: A Monograph on the Frescos at Holy Resurrection Serbian Orthodox Cathedral," that will be presented during the week of activities celebrating the blessing of the Cathedral frescos on September 26, 2010.
The church of St. Elijah the Prophet in Mirijevo was built in 1834 with the material taken from ruins of the Slanci monastery and belongs to the oldest churches of Belgrade. It celebrated for the 176th time its Patron Saint's Day. On this occasion in the full church and its courtyard, on behalf of His Holiness, IRINEJ, Serbian Patriarch, the Holy Hierarchal Liturgy was served by His Grace Bishop Atanasije of Hvosno, Vicar of the Serbian Patriarch with the concelebration of priests and deacons of the Archbishopric of Belgrade-Karlovac.