On Friday, October 14th, the Slava of the New Gracanica Monastery was celebrated in a most festive way. Bishop Longin officiated the Divine Liturgy and along him served sixteen priests and seven deacons.
In Trpinje, a place near Vukovar, on Sunday October 22, 2011, His Grace Bishop Lukija of Osek-Polje and Baranja consecrated the mostly restored church of the Ascension of the Lord which shined again after the end of the works. The oldest record of the village of Trpinje dates from 1329, and Serbs settled here from 1527 till 1573, and the same was consecrated by Bishop Sofronije Jovanovic of Pakrac. The parish of Trpinje today has 420 homes with 1100 Orthodox residents.
The best Serbian tennis player Novak Djokovic donated for the church in Jasenovo Polje, near Niksic, the sum of 35.000 euros, as the Podgorica's newspaper "Dan" reports.
As the newuspapers say, the village of Jasenovo Polje was a craddle of the family of the first tennis player of the world, from which his great-grandfather Nedjeljko, because of the hard conditions, moved to Metohija in 1928.
On Sunday, October 23, 2011 there was 35 years since the death of the first Bishop Valerian of Sumadija of blessed repose. The remembrance of this virtuous Bishop of the Serbian Orthodox Church was marked with the Hierarchal Divine Liturgy in the Cathedral church in Kragujevac, after which the memorial service was served on the tomb of Bishop Valerian.
On the feast day of St. Stephen of Serbia - the Blind on Saturday, October 22 His Grace Bishop Atanasije of Hvosno served the Divine Liturgy in the small church of St. Sava on Vracar. He was concelebrated by many priests and deacons. Bishop Atanasije gave a sermon on St. Stephen the Blind, reminding of the hard time in which he lived and suffered, when also the whole Serbian people suffered.
Source: Radio Slovo Ljubve