St. Peter and Paul Serbian Orthodox Church: 110 Year Anniversary

St. Peter & Paul Serbian Church was organized in 1911 on 1634 Kendall Street, South Bend, primarily by immigrants from in and around Lika. The Cornerstone was laid by the Very Rev. Markovich. The Church on Kendall Street was completed in 1912 and the first divine liturgy was served with several priests including the Very Rev. Odzich. A hall was built in 1927 and a home was purchased for the priest and his family in 1940. Our Church School was formed in 1950 by Fr. Klipa. In 1955, Fr. Djuro took over and under his leadership 22 acres of land was purchased with plans for a new church, and a new hall was built in 1962. Our Kum, Milo, for this year’s celebration, helped with the legal matters related to parceling out the land and planning for a new church to be built. On August 28, 1977, our Church on Kendall Street burned, with virtually everything being destroyed save our baptism font, which had to be refurbished. The Cornerstone of our Keria Trail church was laid in 1978 with Consecration occurring in September 1979. Our current priest, Fr. Vladimir and his family moved to our Parish from Hibbing, MN in February 2016.

Anniversary Schedule: Saturday, July 24, 2021

• Hierarchical Divine Liturgy with His Grace, Bishop Longin, Fr. Vladimir, Fr. Sasa, Hieromonk Fr. Raphael, Fr. Tom and Fr. George, Protodeacon Milovan, Subdeacon Stefan.

• Immediately after Divine Liturgy join us in the hall for Tamburitza music and Hors d’oeuvres

• Luncheon

• Speeches and recognition of our honored Kumovi, Sally and Milo Arsenovich

• Dancing and fellowship until 5:30

Kumovi for our Anniversary – Sally and Milo Arsenovich

Source: Diocese of New Gracanica-Midwestern America