The 10th Assembly of the World Council of Churches (WCC) begins at the end of October and promises to be one of the most diverse gatherings of Christians in the world.
The assembly will be an opportunity for renewing the worldwide ecumenical movement – infusing it with honesty, humility and hope, according to the WCC General Secretary.
In the Golovinky district, a micro-district in the Lazarevsky city district of Sochi, an icon of the Mother of God was washed up on shore by the sea. The lady tourist who found it, brought it to the nearest Church—which turned out to be the Church of St. Nino, enlightener of Georgia.
Here it was determined that the discovered icon was the Iveron Icon of the Mother of God, whose first home was Georgia—ancient Iberia.
Despite the heavy rains and bad weather in Johannesburg on 19 and 20 October, when the patron feast-day was celebrated, a great number of parishioners, guests and priests visited the church of Saint Thomas the Apostle.
After almost five arid and dry months in Johannesburg, we all spontaneously felt the three-day intensive rain as a great blessing of God and Saint Thomas the Apostle, as well as the blessing of our Patriarch and the dearest guest, His Grace Bishop David of Stobi.
Please visit www.sight4hopeandfreedom.com
The Brkic triplets now have a website where you can donate for surgical expenses
to restore sight for Nada and Slobodan. Their Serbian names Vera, Nada, and
Slobodan translate to Faith, Hope, and Freedom. Two of the triplets were born
blind as a result of overdose of oxygen in their incubator, by mistake of their
doctors. Dr. De Juan will treat them at the University of San Francisco. Our prayers
will help as will donations to help with medical and travel expenses.
Please give what you can. So far, the first surgery has been successful. You can use PayPal for credit card donations on the website.
Divers set up a cross at the bottom of theBlack Sea in the district of the Karantinnaya Bay in Sevastopol.
Earlier, dean of the Sevastopol churchdistrict Archpriest Sergy Khalyuta consecrated it to commemorate Orthodox Christians perished in the sea.
Orthodox divers initiated setting up the cross in frames of the project the Holy Sea timed for celebrations of the 1025 anniversary of the Baptism of Russia, press service of the Simferopol Diocese reports.
The state religious delegation of the Republic of Serbia is in the official visit to Indonesia from 22-26 October 2013 where they participate on the Second Bilateral Interfaith Dialogue between Serbia and Indonesia.
The first time in history of our country the state officials and all religious primates together in the official visit to one state. For the intereligious dialogue with Indonesia, the Republic of Serbia formed the highest state religious delegation consinsting of:
- His Holiness Irinej, Serbian Patriarch, chief of the religious part of the delegation
- Dr. Mileta Radojevic, chief of the state part of the delegation, Director of the Office of the Government of the Republic of Serbia for Cooperation with Churches and Religious Communities
- Dr. Dragan Novakovic, assistant to Director of the Office
- Mons. Stanislav Hocevar, Roman Catholic Archbishop of Belgrade
- Adem effendi Zilkic, Reis-ul-Ulema of the Islamic Community of Serbia
- Isak Asiel, rabi of the Jewish Community in Serbia
- Muhamed ef. Jusufspahic, mufti of Serbia and imam of Belgrade, deputy of Reis-ul-ulema of the Islamic Community of Serbia
- Professor Dr. Dragomir Sando, Vice Dean at the Faculty of the Orthodox Theology of the University of Belgrade
- Dr. Aleksandar Rakovic, Coordinator of the Interfaith Dialogue of of Serbia and Indonesia and President of the Society of the Serbian-Indonesian Friendship "Nusantara"
- Protodeacon Radomir Rakic, Editor in Chief of the Information Service of the Serbian Orthodox Church