The Kingdom of Judah was a state established in the historical Land of Israel around 930 BC. It was known as the southern kingdom and included cities such as Jerusalem, Hebron, Lachish and Beersheba.
According to biblical accounts, Libnah was one of the places where the Israelites stopped during the Exodus, which subsequently became a town in the Kingdom of Judah.
Rector of the Orthodox Spiritual Academy of St. Petersburg Archbishop Ambrosius of Peterhof awarded Metropolitan Amfilohije of Montenegro and the Littoral with a doctor's cross and a diploma of Doctor Honoris Causa of this eminent church and educational institution, at the ceremony in St. Petersburg on 11 February 2015.
The high distinction was given to Metropolitan Amfilohije on 13 June 2014 by the decision of the Scientific Council of the Saint Petersburg Spiritual Academy, and was approved by Metropolitan Varsonufry of St. Petersburg and Ladosh. Many guests of the Academy, representatives of the church, scientific and cultural life of the northern Russian capital, among which was also Archbishop Jovan (Vranisovski) of Ohrid.
“And David dwelt in the stronghold, and called it the city of David.
And David built round about from Millo and inward.” (2 Samuel 5:9)
Archaeologists have announced they may have uncovered the precise location of Jesus’s trial, and it’s not along the traditional Via Dolorosa path, Haaretz reported.
Only preserved Serbian medieval sundial is the one on the Virgin Mary (Bogorodicna crkva) church of Studenica monastery. Of all the Serbian monasteries Studenica has always been held in the highest respect. The church of the Virgin mary was built in the last two decades of the 12th century. In architectural conception and execution it ranks among the finest examles of what is know as the Raska style of church building.
Bible translator and former Vice President of the Bible Society
Aleksandar Birvis was born in Nis, Serbia, in 1928. It was in this city that he finished primary school and high school (gym). He graduated from the Theological Faculty of the Serbian Orthodox Church in Belgrade in 1953 as well as from the Philological Faculty – Department of Oriental languages – in 1961.