Archbishop Hilarion of Volokolamsk, chairman of the Moscow Patriarchate's department for external church relations, on a visit to Kosovo and Methochia at the invitation of Bishop Artemije of Rasko-Prizren and Kosovo-Metochia, visited the convent compound ‘The Patriarchate of Pec' 30 October 2009. The convent was built in the 13th century by Archbishop Arseny, a successor of St. Savva of Serbia and for several centuries was first the residence of Archbishop of Pec and later of Patriarch of Pec, head of the Serbian Orthodox Church. Its church of Christ the Saviour has remained the place of enthronement of the Patriarchs of Serbia since the time of Ioannikyj who became patriarch in 1346.
His Grace Bishop Mitrophan is strong and consistent in scheduling and
holding clergy seminars. The topics of the seminars varied extensively
through the years. Priests face a wide range of different issues and
concerns in parish life. Continuing education is a necessity and the
commitment to scholarship by His Grace is reflected in the seminars.
His Grace, Bishop Maxim, Fr. Stevan Kovacevic from Trebinje (Hercegovina) and Hieromonk Jovan Babic, visited the parish of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary Church in Fair Oaks, California on the occasion of the 25th Anniversary Celebration. It was twenty-five years ago, on July 31, 1983, that the Blessing of the Cornerstone took place. Today, His Grace, fellow clergy, and parishioners participated in the Hierarchical Divine Liturgy, followed by memorial service for past members.
Archbishop Hilarion of Volokolamsk, chairman of the Moscow Patriarchate's department for external church relations, on a visit to Kosovo and Metochia, together with Bishop Artemije of Rasko-Prizren and Kosovo-Metochia, came to see ruined and restored Orthodox churches there. They were accompanied by representatives of the International Peacekeeping Force in Kosovo.
On Saturday, October 24th 2009, Bishop Longin visited East Chicago, IN. where he baptized Masha Savic, the second child of Aleksandar Savic, the parish priest at the Church of Saint George, East Chicago. Many parishioners were present at the baptism.