Saint George Slava and church school graduation

Saint George Slava and church school graduation
Saint George Slava and church school graduation
Saint George Slava and church school graduation
Saint George Slava and church school graduation

On Sunday, May 3rd, the faithful of St George Serbian Orthodox Church gathered to honor their patron saint, St George the Great-Martyr. Cindy Babics, this year’s honored sponsor, has been a long-time member and supporter of her St George parish. She volunteers her time at events and fundraisers, and is a weekly participant at Divine Services.

Slava celebration in Cincinnati

On May 3rd, 2015, St George in Cincinnati celebrated their parish Slava in honor of the Great-Martyr George. Sponsors for this year's Slava were Veljko and Gordana Uveric with daughters Daria and Maya, along with Adam and Eliana Meador with daughter Nadia.

Source: Eastern American Diocese

Hermitage Parish celebrates Church Slava

  On Sunday, May 3, 2015 the St. George Serbian Orthodox Church in Hermitage, PA festively celebrated their Church Slava. Serving at the altar during Divine Liturgy were V. Rev. Michael Polanichka, retired priest of the neighboring Carpatho-Russian Church, Rev. Dragan Goronjic, priest at Holy Trinity Serbian Orthodox Church in Youngstown and host priest V. Rev. Milovan Katanic.

Sunday of the Blind Man in Studenica Monastery (Church of the Mother of God, 12th century)

Sunday of the Blind Man in Studenica Monastery (Church of the Mother of God, 12th century)
Sunday of the Blind Man in Studenica Monastery (Church of the Mother of God, 12th century)
Sunday of the Blind Man in Studenica Monastery (Church of the Mother of God, 12th century)
Sunday of the Blind Man in Studenica Monastery (Church of the Mother of God, 12th century)

The sixth Sunday of Holy Pascha is observed by the Orthodox Church as the Sunday of the Blind Man.

To house his own crypt, Serbian Zupan Nemanja built a monastery (1183–1191), well-hidden in the canyon of a swift tributary of the Ibar River, to which he gave the name Studenica. It is to this site that Nemanja withdrew from ruling duties to become Monk Simeon, living there for over a year and a half before going to Mount Athos.

Meeting of the Central Committee for completion of Saint Sava Memorial Cathedral

Meeting of the Central Committee for completion of Saint Sava Memorial Cathedral
Meeting of the Central Committee for completion of Saint Sava Memorial Cathedral
Meeting of the Central Committee for completion of Saint Sava Memorial Cathedral
Meeting of the Central Committee for completion of Saint Sava Memorial Cathedral

120 years since the decision on the construction and establishment of the Society (1895-2015) and 30 years since the continuation of the works (1985-2015).

This year's regular meeting of the Central Committee for completion of Saint Sava Memorial Cathedral on Vracar was held at the parish house of the Memorial Cathedral on 16 May 2015. After the meeting a memorial service was served in the Cathedral for all its benefactors and donors. Before the beginning of the meeting His Holiness Irinej, Serbian Patriarch, with hierarchs of our Church visited the Memorial Cathedral of Saint Sava and the crypt of the Cathedral, where they had an insight into the current works.